Thursday, March 30, 2017

Deco Foils Hello Friend Card

I have been playing with Deco Foils and Deco Foil Transfer Gel and had several pieces sitting on my craft desk without any ideas on how to pull them together. Then I remembered this sketch from the Spring CardMaker issue: 


I know it is hard to see, but I think you can get the idea. Great sketches are most helpful when designing cards. You don't have to follow it 100%, but use it as a starting point. I started with a black card base and a card front that I made with a stencil from The Crafter's Workshop. I taped the stencil down on a white card piece and applied Therm-o-web's Deco Foil Transfer Gel though the stencil. I let it dry about an hour, then laid Rose Gold Deco Foil on top and ran it through my laminator. It is so easy to add texture to a card with the transfer gel and gives us another way to use our stencils! I used a couple Foilables from Creative Vision Stamps for the sentiment (cut the "hello friend" in half and used purple Deco Foil) and the feather (used teal Deco Foil on a patterned Foilable, then laid the negative on a Deco Foil toner sheet and ran that through the laminator again.) I attached the "friend" semi-circle with a black script washi tape strip and attached the feather with pop dots. 

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card - it must look awesome IRL Karen.
Blessings
Maxine

Tracy Freeman said...

It's fabulous love it and will have to get that gel.
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Verna Angerhofer said...

I like this idea and the card you made. I never heard of the gel before. I think another thing I need on my supply list. It seems that list is never ending. LOL