Thursday, June 21, 2018

Doodles Paper Playground Sparkle Blend Shakers Cards


The brand new Sweet Treats and Strawberry Fields Sparkle Blend mixes just released by Doodles Paper Playground are so sweet and luscious they inspired me to make this ice cream shaker card. I started with a die and layered stamp set from Sunny Studio that creates ice cream cones that look good enough to eat! I die cut the ice cream parts of two of them and created shakers with Strawberry Fields Sparkle Blend on the left and Sweet Treats Sparkle Blend on the right. Here is another look at the card "all shook up":



 All week long on my blog I have been featuring a neglected texture tool we all have - embossing folders - and I showed how to make this shaker card in my just released video:



I was totally inspired (and enabled to get the super cute set of dies and stamps from Lawn Fawn) by an awesome card posted earlier on the DPP blog by another dt member. I show how to make this card from start to finish in my latest video here. I used a Tim Holtz Sizzix Diffuser, an embossing folder from WeR Memory Keepers and Crown Jewels Sparkle Blends to fill up the cute little shaker. 

I am entering the first card in the Bright and Cheerful challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday and the Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land.

6 comments:

Karen Hasheck said...

Leaving a comment so I can see your lovely comments in my email.

kiwimeskreations said...

What fabulous cards Karen - love the soft serve on the centre cone - that looks so 'real'.
Blessings
Maxine

Celeste Goff said...

Two really fun and cute shaker cards Karen!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great shaker card designs. I am doing more in the shaker line now too since I finally got more supplies. So keep inspiring me.

Lin said...

What a fun ice cream card, Karen! Love your idea of making it into a shaker card! And the soft plaid background is perfect! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Beautiful card !
Thanks for joining us at Scrapy Land Challenges blog and good luck !
Maryvonne DT MEMBER