Tuesday, June 19, 2018

More Embossing Folder Cards from My Latest YouTube Video



It is so easy to make a gorgeous textured distressed card with embossing folders and I show how to create this card from start to finish in my newest YouTube video here. The technique is how to make leather like textured backgrounds with kraft cardstock, Distress Inks and an embossing folder. On the card above, I used a Sizzix embossing folder, Vintage Photo and Spiced Marmalade Distressed Ink, Spellbinders Feather dies and a stamp from Laurel Burch for Stampendous.

I have always used brown Distress Inks with a touch of orange when doing this technique, but I tried Peacock Feathers, Abandoned Coral with Chipped Sapphire on the crinkles and love how this card turned out. The embossing folder is an older one from Cuttlebug. I finished the card with a pretty sentiment die by Penny Black. 



I have one more fast and easy card using embossing folders to share with you today. I love the look of embossing the whole card with an embossing folder so the insides are embossed too for added interest. I embossed this card with a butterfly swirl embossing folder from Darice which leaves room on the front for stamping and in the inside to write a message. I stamped "thinking of you" with some pretty stamps from Stampendous Big Word Thanks set, and added some stitched butterflies cut with a die from Lil' Inker. 

I am hoping the cards I blog this week and the new video posted here inspire you to pull out your embossing folders and have a play!

5 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Karen I love what you've done with these embossing folders! They are inked to perfection!
I would love fir to join the link up over at Cropstop each month - you always create cards that qualify! The current party is here: https://cropstop.blogspot.com/search/label/link%20party

Karen Hasheck said...

Leaving a comment so that I can see your lovely comments in my mailbox.

kiwimeskreations said...

What beautiful cards Karen - I must pop over and look at the video
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful cards and I love the texture from the embossing folders.

Celeste Goff said...

Great cards Karen! Love the colors on the second one especially!