Tuesday, November 6, 2012

GDT at Tuesday Alchemy!


I was honored to be asked to be a Guest Designer at Tuesday Alchemy for a couple Tuesdays this month. This week's challenge is Anything But a Card and that is a real challenge for me. But trying something "outside my box" is a good thing and I found this cute little purse here (with instructions) and had fun making this birthday treat for a special little girl.

There are three sponsors of this challenge so you can win a prize from Stitchy Bear, LEJ Designs or Broken Box Designs. I chose a sweet freebie from Broken Box Designs called "Chelsea and Mario's Big Treat" to make this birthday purse. I printed the digital stamp and paper pieced the frosting and dress and colored the rest, then cut out with a scalloped Nestabilities die. The purse was made with pink dotted dp and black card stock according to the instructions on the linked tutorial above.

I am entering this purse in the Birthday Challenge at Stampin' with the Dragon.

Stamping Smiles, Karen


3 comments:

jimlynn said...

Precious and this will make a perfect little gift for a special child.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

I could see using this for my daughters wedding shower as a gift for a game.

Loves Happy Hour said...

Great job!! Thanks so much for sharing and being a guest designer this week on Tuesday Alchemy!!

Cheers!
Kelli