Saturday, November 24, 2012

Crafty Creations and Delightful Challenges


The challenge this week at Crafty Creations is "Christmas is Coming" and at Delightful Challenges they want to see our red and green cards. I am sharing a card I made using an origami tree that I learned to make from my friend Phyllis. Here is a tutorial if you want to make one yourself. I had so much fun making them, you will see a bunch more cards with them here before Christmas. You use thin paper so any wrapping paper would do or in this case I used some lightweight two sided embossed green sparkly paper. After I put the tree together I added some red gems to decorate it. I attached it to a white background piece embossed with snowflakes (Cuttlebug) and I added the perfect sentiment from Verve.

Stamping smiles, Karen

3 comments:

An'Jenic G. said...

Beautiful card. I love love your tree and the layers. TFS AJ-

Cards By Betty said...

Such a beautiful card that the layers stand out from the card and the colors are great

Lindsey said...

Wow, your origami tree is fabulous! Looks great on the embossed background. Thanks for joining in the Christmas fun at Crafty Creations Challenges!