Sunday, January 26, 2014

Day Two Stencil Cards


The concept I liked the best from the lessons and videos on Day Two of our online Stenciled class was stamping and sponging inside the space left by an open stencil. I created this heart stencil with a large heart die by Spellbinders. After taping it down, I sponged with pink distress ink. Watching the instructors do the sponging - pulling the ink in from outside the hole and leaving the center a little lighter- was another great lesson I learned from this course. While the stencil was still on, I stamped an old TAC flourish stamp with burgundy ink several times. Then I added the love sentiment (old stamp from Stampin' UP) and a lacy flower that I colored with the burgundy ink. I layered the piece onto a square burgundy card.

Stamping smiles, Karen

7 comments:

cheryl said...

This is just gorgeous just love the detail and design hugs cheryl

craftytreen said...

this is just wonderful! its so elegant in a delicate way. its really divine. I love the burgundy ink that you used. I wish I knew what brand of burgundy ink you used.

Karen Hasheck said...

Craftytreen- hope you can see this- sorry I didn't put it in the blog post- it was just Stampin' Up Barouque Burgandy- but I don't think it is a current color...

Vicky Briggs said...

Just beautiful! I like the way you sponged the border.

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

Gorgeous! This is fabulous!!!!

lynda said...

I'm here visiting from the Stenciled class. Your card is gorgeous! I hadn't thought of using my flourish stamps for this technique, but I may now!

lynda said...

I hope you'll take it as a compliment that I did use this card as inspiration for mine! Here's a link: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/member/18010-housemomscrap/1976654-heart-valentine-card/
Thank you, Karen!