Monday, January 13, 2014

Partial Die Cut Class Card


This is a card I shared in a class in my home last session that taught how you can cut just part of a die cut in our Big Shot or other cutting machines, and also the emboss resist technique. Did you know that if you put the top glass over just part of a die cut on your card stock, the part that is not under the top glass will not cut? I cut a kraft square card and attached a Spellbinders label die with temporary tape to the front. I placed the card with the die on my glass plate, then put the upper glass just on the right two thirds of the die and ran it through the Big Shot to create the card base here. I added a strip of cream paper I punched both sides of with a Martha Stewart border punch. The trees (from Stampin' Up) were stamped in dark brown, then stamped again without re-inking for the lighter trees, and then embossed with white embossing powder. Then I sponged all three trees with a lighter brown ink.

If you are local to Wausau WI and are interested in taking classes in my home, new sessions will be starting in March. I am busy gathering new ideas and techniques to share, so send me an email at khasheck at gmail dot com if you want more information or to sign up.

I am entering this card in the New Stuff (stamps are new to me) challenge at The Squirrel and the Fox and the Anything Goes challenge at Sister Act. 

Stamping smiles, Karen

3 comments:

cheryl said...

Great card hun and beautiful image hugs cheryl xxx

ednamburgess said...

Very pretty. If I lived in Wi. would love to take the class. Great technique. Wish you'd do a video on it. Thanks. Edna

Unknown said...

Focal image is gorgeous, love this stamp! Thanks for joining our challenge at The Squirrel and The Fox. Hugs, Lisa DT