Monday, January 27, 2014

Day Three of Stenciled Class Card

Day three of our Stenciled class was all about texture and different kinds of embossing paste techniques. I never thought we could use our new plastic stencils with embossing paste, but sure enough it works great. And the instructors had many cool ideas of what you could add to the embossing paste. I have tried heating the pearlescent embossing paste with a heat gun and perfect pearls, but one of the videos suggested putting embossing powder on the wet pearlescent paste, waiting 15 minutes and then heating with a heat gun. I have some cool glittery embossing powders I have never used, so I tried it. I applied the pearlescent embossing paste with a stencil knife, then sprinkled on aqua, black and dark blue glittery embossing powders. I waited the 15 minutes and heated it. There is more height to the embossed areas,  but to be honest, using the paste and the embossing powders were very very messy. One of the videos showed how to apply Versamark through the stencil, then add embossing powder and emboss. I think the result would have been just as nice and much less messy. Just my opinion, but I am not a huge fan of the mess of embossing paste anyway. I added a fun sentiment I cut out with my Silhouette to the front of the card.
The stencil I chose to use for this technique was from Dylusions and had the curved checkerboard edge and some funky circles too. I cut some of the circles and added them to the center of the card.

I am thrilled with what I learned in this Stenciled class from Online Card Classes. The live interactive part of the stencil class is now over, but you can still take the course and learn everything from the videos and lessons on an independent study basis. I highly recommend it and will be taking more courses from them too.

Stamping smiles, Karen

1 comment:

Vicky Briggs said...

Really like this card! You can do even more things with your Silhouette!