Thursday, July 28, 2016

Snowy Acetate Stepper Christmas Card




I recently found this beautiful card on Pinterest and was inspired to try an acetate stepper card. I am always making Christmas cards to share in my in home classes and so that my cards are done well before the holidays, so I designed this snowy Merry Christmas card. 

I made my card 5 1/2" wide, but you can choose your desired width. There is a link to a tutorial on the above linked blog you can check out for more specifics. But the base of the card is cut 12 inches long and scored at 1, 2, 4, 6 and 9 inches, then folded mountain, valley, mountain, etc. I cut my acetate topper 4 1/2" by 12" and scored it in the center. I decorated my inside steps with two brand new dies from Memory Box (Merry Christmas Fancy Channel and Snowflake Breeze.) I added some punched snowflakes and glittery snow gems. I stamped the beautiful snowflake from IO with white pigment ink on the acetate topper and carefully heat set to dry.The acetate is attached to the front and back of the stepper card base with strong two sided tape. I covered the front tape with a lovely Die'sire Edgables Snowflake die which I cut and embossed. I covered the back strip with a punched snowman border (Martha Stewart punch.) My last step was to add some sparkly Nuvo Glitter Deops to the front snowflakes. Here are some more pictures showing the acetate stepper card from the side and back:



I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

5 comments:

Jane Luxem said...

Beautiful card, Karen!

Fikreta said...

wonderful!

Teresa Kline said...

this is adorable, luv the acetate! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great variation on the stepper card - this is gorgeous Karen
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and great photos of it too. I found it hard to take pics of acetate but you did great.