Sunday, July 24, 2016

Comes the Dawn Brusho Art Piece


I created this art piece recently and framed it for my daughter. I started with an old favorite sun rise stamp from The Angel Company that I heat embossed with black embossing powder. I created the sun rise with several colors of Brusho Coloured Crystals sprinkled in the top area of the large piece of watercolor paper. I spritzed with water and let that part dry. Then I sprinkled on blue and green Brusho crystals, spritzed with gold shimmer spray and applied crinkled up cling wrap to the bottom two thirds of the piece. I let that dry about 10 minutes and removed the cling wrap, then set the whole piece aside to dry completely. Here are some pictures of that process:




I printed a favorite poem of my daughter's on vellum, cut out with deckle scissors and attached with glue dots. I added some gems to cover up the glue dots. Here is a picture of the beautiful poem close up so you can read it:



I am entering this project in the Take It Make It Anything Goes challenge at Craft Stamper Magazine.

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning piece of art Karen - love the effects of the brusho's and plastic, and the poem is a good one too - thanks for making it possible for us to read.
Blessings
Maxine

Linda said...

Beautiful project .... love the Brusho background. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

A beautiful work of art. I love your sunrise.