Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Warm Wishes with New Toys and Dies


I love it when I come across a new idea using supplies I already have. I have lots of "glitter tape" but rarely use it. I saw a card where someone had die cut a die out of several lines of glitter tape placed on cardstock. I found a fun black and silver patterned glitter tape (Recollections brand from Michaels) in my stash and die cut a new "warm wishes" border die from Memory Box for the bottom edge of this card. Here is another look at the glitter tape die cut border:

Then I looked at the glitter tape again with fresh eyes and cut a corner piece and some squares which I also used on this card. I brushed some Weathered Wood Distress Ink through a Stampers Anonymous stencil with my Clarity Stencil brush fading it out towards the end. I like how this experimental card turned out.

5 comments:

Diana Lynn Martin said...

This is so neat! I love the idea and how you executed it with your own style. Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing!

Diana ♥
Leelee Card Designs

kiwimeskreations said...

A most successful experiment Karen - love the results.
Blessings
Maxine

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

oh such a great idea hun,love this super card hugs Cherylxxxxx

Fikreta said...

great card

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cool card design.