Thursday, April 28, 2011

Help for Katie Cards

I am sharing four cards today and also sharing a story of a fellow stamper and blogger who could use our help. Please go to Help 4 Katie and from there to Katie's blog to read about this young mother and her fight with Stage 4 stomach cancer. At the Help 4 Katie site, they are selling packages of digital stamps with all the proceeds going to help Katie. ALL the stamps on these cards and many many more are in the $20 set- soooo many cute cute stamps by several talented digital designers such as Zak Heath, Doodle Pantry, and Digital Designs by Louby Loo. I have many favorites, but I think the shoe above and paper to match by Zak Heath are maybe the coolest. I printed the shoe on a piece created with three different colors of cardstock and layered it on white and then on a red card printed with the matching floral paper. The matching paper brad button was created by punching a 1 1/4" circle of the printed paper, spraying with water and folding around a 3/4" brad.
The waves, whale and sentiment are all part of the digi package at Help 4 Katie. The whale is paper pieced. I used CB folder, nesties and gems to complete the card.



Couple more CAS cards for kids using more fun digis from this package. Think I colored the bunny and teddy? Guess again- the digital stamp comes colored already! Awesome for me cuz I really don't like coloring. But if you do, there is one without coloring so you can do it your own way.

There is a button on the side of my blog that will remain there so you can click and visit the Help 4 Katie site anytime. Please consider sending Katie a card and helping out by purchasing one or both of the awesome digital stamp packages. Stampers are such giving, loving people and I know if it were any of us fighting this battle, we would appreciate other stampers stepping up to help in any way they could.

Stamping smiles for Katie,
Karen
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Donna Polley said...

Cute cards! Be sure to stop in my blog. I have some Blog candy ( a spellbinders blossoms 2 die set) www.diecutlady.blogspot.com I am celebrating my box winning over at MOxie Fab World.
Hope you don't get any snow up there!!!!