Wednesday, March 27, 2019

More Cards from My Newest Die Cut Crazy Video Featuring Layered Dies


Monday on my blog I shared a rainbow colored card created with layered hexagon dies from Honey Bee Stamps from my newest Die Cut Crazy video. In cutting all the colors of the rainbow with the hexagon dies, I ended up with many extra pieces that can be put together and then punched or die cut and I used those pieces to decorate this Circle Tag Book Pop-up Card made with a new die set from Karen Burniston. The stitched butterfly dies are from Lil' Inker and the Happy Birthday is a die from Penny Black. Of course the real fun always happens on the inside of a card made with  Karen Burniston dies:




It is much easier to see the pop up movement in the video than to show it in still pictures, but the four circles pop out and are decorated with more rainbow butterflies and flowers and "celebrate" which is also a Karen Burniston die.


Obviously we don't need to use rainbow colors to make a pretty layered hexagon card. I die cut a card base with the largest hexagon of the Honey Bee Hexagon Solid Stack and layered on every other one of the hexagons cut out of a pretty floral cardstock from Park Lane by Joanns. The gorgeous butterfly on the top is a layered die from Birch Press Designs. Here is a look at the inside of the card:


I had so much fun creating these cards with layered dies for my new video and hope they inspire you to look at your dies in a new way and have fun designing with them.

I am entering the second card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.

3 comments:

Christine said...

What super ways to use dies. Very clever ideas, prefer the floral card over the brights card but still love them both.

Christine said...

What super ways to use dies. Very clever ideas, prefer the floral card over the brights card but still love them both.

Misty Elam said...

This is so pretty! I love the floral paper and that gorgeous butterfly. I really like shaped cards like this too. I never think to make them though... Thanks for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I hope you'll join us again soon.
Misty