Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Altenew Kinetic Class Cards That Move!

I recently took a class from Altenew to learn how to make kinetic cards that move in different ways. I also received a box of new products to play with and learn along with the instructors. My first card combines a great sketch from one of the classes with a hidden movement that swings a cable car through the mountains. 



The Mountain Peak was created with layering stencils from Altenew and I added some glitter paste to the last layer for some snow. The cable car is a new die from Altenew called Aerial Cable Car. I die cut a stitched cloud and added a new favorite stamped sentiment both from Karen Burniston.


I also received the Let's Scoot scooter made with Altenew's amazing Key Hole System so it was easy to figure out where each piece goes in what order. I created a Swinging Doors card with a die set from Hot off  the Press. I decorated the front and inside pieces with Concord & 9th Splash Stencil Pack. Here is another look at this card with the doors are swung open:


It is difficult to capture the movement in both of these cards in still pictures, so I created a reel showing that motion:



Cardmaking Joy & Hugs, Karen