Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Inking Stencils Homework from Spring Card Camp


I loved the ideas presented in Day 9 of the Spring Card Camp at Online Card Classes which combined stencils and inking, and I had a play with them today. I sponged on Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry and Lucky Clover Distress Oxides through a stencil from Catherine Pooler. As the lesson suggested, I then removed the stencil and spritzed with water before laying on a piece of watercolor paper. Here is the card made with that piece:

I did not have as much success with the 2nd part of this technique- it was always so very light. But on this one, I simply moved the stencil over and sponged some more ink and I liked the result. I loved Channin's idea of layering white sentiments on a vellum piece and used sentiment dies from Karen Burniston on vellum for both of these cards. I added some Gina Marie Designs gems to finish each card. 

3 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful stencil designs.

Sue D said...

Great designs and choice of colors.

Ms. Tamp said...

Great look at the stenciling. Always like the save of the ink onto another panel.