Monday, May 25, 2020

Video - Celebration and Holiday Slimline Cards with Lawn Fawn's Magic Iris Die


I love interactive dies and recently purchased Lawn Fawn's Magic Iris Die. Dies can get expensive so as part of my ongoing Stretch Your Supplies Series in my new video I am sharing 4 different celebration and holiday slimline cards made with this unique fun die. This double magic iris card is the one I make in the video: 

It is never too early to start making Christmas cards so there is no need to rush that time of year. The two magic irises open to share my Christmas wishes for you: joy and peace and the inside has a third wish. The center sentiment die is from Sue Wilson and the inside words are from Tim Holtz and Sizzix. 


Love and the ornament on the inside are dies from Quietfire Design. I also had great fun creating this monstrous birthday wishes card: 



I show in the video how this Magic Iris die from Lawn Fawn makes it so easy to hide and then reveal the surprise behind the circle. In this case another fun monster (Impression Obsession dies) appears to delight the birthday boy or girl. The slimline card front was cut with a Pinkfresh Studio stitched die, the circular Happy Birthday is from My Favorite Things and "birthday wishes" is from Tonic Studios. So that the sides of the inner workings of the Magic Iris do not show, I layered the top piece on a circle die just a tiny bit bigger from Gina Marie Designs.

It is really fun and easy to make these Lawn Fawn Magic Iris cards and I show step by step just how to do it in the new video as well as share several more slimline celebration and holiday cards. Every minute you watch as well as subscribing and commenting is greatly appreciated as is your visit to my blog today. 

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fun slimline cards. These seem to be all the rage now!