Monday, May 18, 2020

Video - Updating Faux Leather Techniques with Cover and Thankful Dies


It is fun to play with older techniques and expand on them with newer supplies and ideas and in my newest video I do just that with two Faux Leather techniques. 

In the video I show how to make this card with Bister water soluble wood stain powders from The Netherlands over an embossed crackle stamped background. I cut the completed piece with a stitched triangular background die from Kat Scrappiness and raised the triangles. The sentiment is a die from Lil' Inker.

This is my favorite of the cards I make in the video because I combined two faux leather techniques together for a new technique and my only problem is I don't know what to call the technique. I used some different colors of Bisters with parts of another faux leather technique (which I also share and will have card samples tomorrow). After you watch the video here and see how it is done and closeups of the background I create, if you can think of a name for the technique I may send you this card and another prize. Leave your suggestion in the comments on the video on my YouTube channel. The pretty wreath cover die is from Taylored Expressions and I cut it out of a wood grain green cardstock from Park Lane. 

*Edited to add: We have a winner! Kay F. suggested Faux Suede for the new technique I show in this video - combining the two faux leather techniques together. I am sending Kay the card above and a prize of a new stamp set as soon as I have her address.

Thanks for your visit today and for your support of my YouTube channel. 

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card designs. Love the faux leather look.