Monday, May 11, 2020

Video - Die Cut Crazy Series - CAS to Detailed Cards with Poppystamps Raining Frame Die Set


I am die cut crazy and love to share ways to stretch our crafty dollars by using the same die set in different ways. I recently won the awesome Poppystamps Raining Frame Die Set and in my newest video I share many cards ranging from CAS (Clean and Simple) to more detailed cards. 


 Here are two versions of the card I make in the video. The Raining Frame Die from Poppystamps is perfect for the Magical Rain Shaker Cards. The beads hide away and then move up and down on invisible thread to create the illusion of rain. 


On both of these samples I inlaid a bright yellow cheerful umbrella and created grass and clouds with dies from Karen Burniston. "Sending Hugs" is a die from Sue Wilson and the sentiment banner and "sunshine" stamp are from Taylored Expressions. Here is another view of the "rain" beads:




I created a stormy rainy sky for this card with Distress Oxide inks and the Poppystamps Raining Frame Die. The inlaid umbrella was created with a scrap of glossy cardstock with Nuvo Shimmer Powders and cling wrap from this video. I found the perfect uplifting and hopeful sentiment on the Internet (unattributed) and printed it out for my rainy day cards. To see more card samples and how I created the Magical Rain Shaker card above, watch the new video here.

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Love these cards. And, love the sentiment on the last one especially. I think of this pandemic as a storm that will show the sunshine afterwards when it is over.

Ms. Tamp said...

Wonderful changes to each one that make them unique.