Monday, January 8, 2024

Endless Design Opportunities with Embossed Dies!


Did you know you can emboss with your dies as well as cut with them so you can double the designing possibilities for every die you own? I was reminded of that recently by the amazing Jennifer McGuire and was so excited to try it with my new Spellbinders Platinum Six with the Universal Plate System. I love my electronic machine for die cutting but embossing especially with 3D embossing folders and dies was difficult and time consuming. With this machine, I just simply followed the directions and all embossed images were perfect each time! I had so much fun I created many different cards for my newest video here. Here is the card I create in the video:



The technique works best with background dies like the gorgeous Scrolled Punch and Pierce plate from Spellbinders I used to emboss the background in the center piece of the tri-fold card. I embossed Spellbinders new Fresh Picked Berries for the front flap and die cut for the center piece and added ink with small blending brushes on both. So we can mix and match embossing and die cutting for many more design opportunities with each set! 


I embossed the background on this card with Simon Hurley's Zig Zag Chevron die from Spellbinders and then added some die cut zig zags for fun. I didn't have a zig zag embossing folder but now I do! The cherries (from the same Fresh Picked Berries set) were embossed rather than die cut- so many extra options are exciting! The sentiment dies on both of these cards are from Spellbinders Thanks Enclosed die set. 


I also do not own a small all over butterfly embossing folder but I do have Hero Arts Butterfly Confetti Fancy Die. I was able to easily emboss pink mirror card and white pieces, then make this card with the positive and negative images connecting and the same on the sentiment die from Sue Wilson. I added a few die cut butterflies on the white side. 

As you can tell I am very excited about doubling the design possibilities with my dies and hope you will watch the new video here and give this technique a try!

I am entering the first card in the Something New challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.

No comments: