Thursday, October 25, 2018

Grunge Foil Technique in the Save the Crafty You-Tuber Video Hop!



I am so happy to be participating today in the Techniques day of the Save the Crafty YouTuber Video Hop, and in my video here you will learn how to create a grunge foiled look on your cards and see many sample cards with this technique. I have discovered an easy way to grunge up your foiled pieces and share that technique with you step by step. Be sure to comment on my video if you are visiting between October 25th and November 7th, 2018 for a chance at my prize (two stamps from Stampendous valued at $25!) as well as 125+ prizes all the video hop! You do not need to comment on every video to win, but the more you comment, the more chances you will have. YOU MUST MENTION USA OR INTERNATIONAL IN YOUR COMMENTS IN ORDER TO BE CHOSEN as some of the prizes including my own will be mailed to USA addresses only. (Comments on this blogpost are appreciated but do not qualify for the prize.)


I have used dies from two of the STCYT sponsors and two of my favorite companies in my card today: Tonic Studios and Karen Burniston. The mirror card on the Tonic Studios classic car is also from Tonic Studios and the secret ingredient used is from Nuvo. I started with a white Designer Toner Sheet from Brutus Monroe and Therm O Web and show how I created the grunge look in the video here. I used the negative of the leftover foil to create the foiled look on the "On Your Day" die (also from Tonic Studios) on the inside of my card: 

I am entering this card in the Celebration challenge at Scrapy Land.

Want to learn a new technique and maybe win a prize? Of course you do! Watch my video here, comment and then click the link there to continue along today's video hop. (Links to all the products used in my cards are in the description box there too.)

Thanks for visiting my blog and for clicking over to my video and hopping along today!

3 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome masculine card! Fabulous background and I love the car! Looks so classy!
Thank so much for joining us in the 100th challenge at Scrapy Land!
Sherrie K
Scrapy Land DT Member

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card. I am not sure if I can do the hop or not but will try.

Daria said...

What a wonderful idea! I had no idea that you could use embossing powder to foil anything, and I love the grunge look you achieved here.