Monday, December 3, 2018

Video - Three Ways to Add the Sparkle of Snow to Your Winter Cards


If you are like me, you love the sparkle of snow on your handmade cards, but not the mess of glitter and glue. In my newest video, I share my favorite three ways to add snowy sparkle to my cards. 



The snow on this card was created by spreading Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer Paste through a Memory Box stencil and also by using a small brush to add it to the tree in the Memory Box Delicate Pine Frame Die Set. The sentiment die is from Penny Black.

The snow bank on this card was created with Faber-Castell's Glass Bead Glitter Gel. It is hard to capture all the sparkle of this snow in a photograph, but it is beautiful IRL. The North Pole sign was created with a die and stamp set from Penny Black and "believe" is from Tim Holtz for Sizzix.

The sentiment on the inside of the card was cut with a new die from Tonic Studios. 

On Friday I am participating in a special blog hop to raise money for homeless kids and will share cards made with my favorite of the three ways to add the sparkle of snow in handmade cards so be sure to stop back then. You can see more cards and my three favorite easy ways to add the sparkle of snow on cards in the video here right now, so click here and watch anytime.

I am entering the first card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday and the Snowflakes challenge at Dies R Us.

4 comments:

Darlene said...

These are both just fabulous and beautiful Karen! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Snowflakes’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

MaryG said...

Karen, what great cards!! I love the first card, and I've got most of the supplies! I never think to use a stencil background for Christmas cards, but I can see doing this assembly style to make many backgrounds while the supplies are out. And to use some of the Nuvo Glimmer paste on the tree portion of the die cut is another great idea.

Kathy Krug said...

Wonderful designs and tips for adding sparkle. Thanks for sharing with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope to see more of your designs in future challenges.
Kathy
DRU DT

Diane said...

Beautifully created 'snowy' cards...thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}