Monday, May 17, 2021

Video - Die Cut Crazy Video Series - Easy and Elegant Monochromatic Sympathy Cards


Sympathy cards are a sad necessity of life, but in my newest Die Cut Crazy video I share many easy to make monochromatic sympathy cards featuring die cutting and no stamping. I recently purchased the Antique Rose Layering Die Set from Altenew and I was able to make many lovely sympathy cards easily as I show in the video. Here is my favorite of the Antique Rose sympathy cards: 


Gina K from Gina K Designs showed in a class recently how to simply swipe down the card front with a grey ink for a subtle background and also encouraged us to try flowers in shades of grey and black. I did the Altenew Antique Rose flowers and leaves in monochromatic shades of grey and added a pretty sentiment from Karen Burniston on this slimline card. 


This monochromatic sympathy card was created with the split negative technique in purples and dies from Dies...To Die For at Shopscrapbook101.com. The split negative idea means I used dark purple elements on the light purple side and vice versa. This card is a joy fold card and here is a look at the card open:
 

The butterfly die from Dies...To Die For also includes an Awareness ribbon die and I chose to use purples to honor a family member recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. In the video I make a peach version of this card, and peach awareness ribbons can be used for Endometrial Cancer, Invisible Illness, Uterine and Vaginal Cancer. Here is a list of the meanings of various colors for Awareness Ribbons.


I show how to make this joy fold card with the split negative technique and several shades of peach cardstock. Here are a couple more views of this card:



I used sentiment strips from Simon Says Stamp on many of the sympathy cards I share in the new video. Of course, any of these cards would be perfect for birthdays or thinking of you cards just by changing up the sentiment diecuts and sentiment strips. 

I share many more monochromatic sympathy cards in the new video here and hope my cards inspire you to give some of the products and ideas a try! 

1 comment:

Celeste Goff said...

Great cards Karen! I especially love that amazing slimline card!