Monday, May 31, 2021

Video - Cardmaking With Faux Suede and Hero Arts Message Cover Dies


Playing with new dies and techniques is my favorite thing to do and in my newest video here I share many cards I made with a Faux Suede technique and Hero Arts Message Cover Plates. 

I learned how to make this textured awesome background in this tutorial and bet you already have most of the ingredients needed in your home right now. Here is my favorite card that I made for this video with the Faux Suede technique and the Hero Arts Thank You Message Cover Die:


Isn't that textured distressed background awesome? And it is so easy to do as I show in the new video here. After the faux suede background is complete, if you run it through the diecutting machine as I did here, it does flatten the wrinkles but still looks great. I added some Spiced Marmalade distress ink to some of the diecut letters, raised them on fun foam letters and popped back in. I added some Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Gold Midas Touch so the letters shimmer and added a sentiment strip from Simon Says Stamp and some favorite gems from Gina Marie Designs. 

I made this card very simply with a faux suede background and the Happy Birthday Message cover plate from Hero Arts. If you look closely at the background you can see the texture and wrinkles this technique results in when the piece is not run through a die cut machine. 


This is the card I show how to make step by step in the new video. I show how to make the background with the faux suede technique and IRL it is much prettier with the texture and sparkle I added with Therm O Web's Gold Glitter Spray. Then I share how to create a shaker behind just the  "so so so so" with seed beads that add movement and fun to the card. 

I am entering the first card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.

I hope my cards and new video inspire you to give this technique and these products a try. Thanks for watching, sharing and subscribing and for helping me share the joy of creativity!

No comments: