Monday, May 8, 2023

A Baker's Dozen + of Ceramic Vase Cards - Dies By Simon Hurley and Spellbinders


Do you ever get new dies and get so inspired you make a bunch of cards in no time at all? That is exactly what happened to me when I received the brand new Ceramic Vases dies from Simon Hurley and Spellbinders this month, and I created cards with 16 different vases for my newest video here. This is the card I demoed in the video showing the technique to add the marbling to these gorgeous embossed vases: 


The shelf on this card was created with a die from Spellbinder's Stitched Fan Etched set and all the sentiments I used on my many cards are from the Thanks Enclosed die set also from Spellbinders. I also share in the video how to create a textured pattern with the new Simon Hurley Spellbinders Zig Zag Chevron Die without cutting it out completely. The patterned paper used on the backgrounds and in the flowers in the next card is from the Spellbinders Floral Friendship Paper Pad.


I created a white on white textured background with the Zig Zag Chevron die, black mirrored card vases with the new Ceramic Vases die set and flowers and greens using the new Floral Stems die sets all from Simon Hurley and Spellbinders and new this month.


The vases on this card were die cut with the Ceramic Vases die set and then I highlighted the embossing with Ranger's Foundry Waxes in Sterling and Mine colors. I had so much fun creating ceramic vases in different ways, and you can see three more cards and 7 more vases in my new video here.

I hope my cards encourage you to give some of these techniques and products a try and then send some of your handmade joy out into this world!

No comments: