Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Seven More Ceramic Vases With Dies from Simon Hurley and Spellbinders


The new Ceramic Vases dies from Simon Hurley and Spellbinders inspired me so much that I created 16 different vases on 6 different cards for my newest video here. I show how to use pretty patterned paper backgrounds on many of the cards with Floral Friendship dp from Spellbinders and the new Zig Zag Chevron background die also from Simon Hurley. The vase on this card has gorgeous embossed texture created with a technique using embossing powders melted on two sided tape sheets. The sunflower, shelf and sentiment were all created with Spellbinders dies too.


I have been wanting to try Bibi Cameron's popular trellis card idea and thought the Ceramic Vases cut out of colored mirror card looked amazing on this trellis card front. The flowers were cut with Simon Hurley's new Floral Stems die set and the sentiment is from the Thanks Enclosed die set also from Spellbinders.


Here are some more Ceramic Vases created with the Faux Marbling Technique I share in the new video with stems from the Floral Stems die set. I explain in the video how to attach the patterned paper to two pieces of thick cardstock before die cutting with the Zig Zag background die when we don't want it to cut out all the way through. But the first time I tried it, I attached the dp to just one piece of thick cardstock and some of the pieces were cut through. Rather than toss the piece, I created a smaller card with the fun zig zag patterned background and some more of my faux marbled vases. 

I love how all of the cards and Ceramic Vases turned out and hope you will watch the video here and get inspired too!

No comments: