Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Diagonal Joy Fold Card for Father's Day with Frantic Stamper Dies and Stencils


I recently re-discovered the awesome dies, stencils and other products at the Frantic Stamper website when I learned she was now selling Crealies dies in the USA. Of course I had to go shopping and have made some cards with what I found for upcoming videos. I had been wanting to try the Diagonal Joy Fold because I love unique fun folds and this is the card I made. I started with a side folding A2 card and cut from the top left corner to the bottom right corner of the front before stenciling a fun background tone on tone with Frantic Samper's Banner Yet Wave stencil. 

The white piece in the center measures 3 x 8 and is folded in half over the diagonal cut front. I created the water sunny scene with a slimline stencil from Frantic Stamper called Slimline Wave and then attached her Sailboat die floating on the waves. Here is what the card looks like when opened: 



I could have made a nice A2 card with these supplies, but the diagonal joy fold just makes the card so much more interesting. The "Dad" die is from a Frantic Stamper set called "To My Father". 

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.


2 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Never thought of making a diagonal joy fold card before. Love the boat image. Very nautical looking. Hugs Mrs A.

Sue D said...

I like this card fold and the sailing theme.