Monday, October 30, 2023

New Ways To Add Sparkle and Shine to our Cardmaking


I love to find new ways to add sparkle and shine to my cards, and in the recent Crop and Create Delivered Cardmaking online weekend of classes I found some I share in my newest video here.  My two favorites were Simon Hurley's Lunar Pastes and Pink & Main's Adhesive Transfers with foil and here is the card I showed how to make step by step:


I just have two of the Lunar Pastes so far (more on the way!), but Simon Hurley taught us in his class how to add a dye re-inker to the purple Lunar Paste to turn it to a blue when the card is tilted so it shifts from purple to blue! I also used his Cross My Heart light pink on the background and then embossed it with a 3D snowflake embossing folder from Sizzix. The foiled heart was created with adhesive transfers from Pink & Main that we also received in our box from this event. This particular set will be released for sale on their website on November 17, but many others are here on their website now. The adhesive transfers can be used to easily apply foil (with or without heat), glitter and embossing powder as I show in the video.


Here is another card I made so easily with the Lunar Paste and a snowflake embossing folder. And below is another card I created with the Snowflake Adhesive Transfers as well as another foiled sheet from Pink & Main:


Spellbinders also taught a class and shared this bow die which is part of their Merry and Bright recent release:


I added sparkle to this shaped card simply by cutting out one of the layers with Spellbinders Glitter Foam Sheets. 

I had great fun making all these cards (and more) for my newest video, and hope they inspire you to give some of these products and techniques a try.

No comments: