Monday, June 17, 2024

Inking Images Created with Embossing Folders


I love creating backgrounds with embossing folders but find them a bit boring if they are all one color. In my new video here, I share many cards and many ways to add ink to embossed images taking them from average to awesome.


This is the card I show step by step how to create with a Simon Says Stamp lilacs embossing folder. I was inspired by a card and video by Caly Person to add light purple, dark purple and blue inks to the embossed lilacs in the foreground. 

The background started out as embossed black lilacs but I swiped on Lisa Horton's Interference Cloud 9 Peacock Tails and then added a little copper highlights with Stardust Metallic pigments from Stamperia. I also used those two products on this card which was embossed with a script embossing folder from Penny Black called Noted. 


Here is another card I share in the new video showing the two colors you get by swiping Lisa Horton's Peacock Tails Interference ink over both white and black embossing:


The embossing folder is a new one from Stampin Up and the layered sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp.

To see many more inky embossed cards and how I made the lilacs card, watch the new video here.

I hope you have a great inky week to come!

No comments: