Monday, August 26, 2024

Hot Tip For Perfect Placement When Hot Foiling


Have you ever struggled with getting a hot foil/press plate to stay in the exact right place on a cardbase when hot foiling? In my newest video, I am sharing a great tip for how to do that easily and also share many lovely hot foiled cards. The picture above shows the card I made in my video and the magic solution to the problem of perfect placement of smaller press plates - Press 'n Seal! 

I learned this tip from Tammy Massey from a reel on Facebook and created the card above with several different Autumn Leaves press plates from Spellbinders. 


I have a new set of lovely Spellbinders sentiment press plates called New Beginnings Timeless Sentiments and they do not have matching dies. I like to place them directly on the card front but it is very difficult to get them to stay perfectly straight. But now I know to use Press 'n Seal to hold them in place and these are perfect! I used them on both of these cards, and the lovely leafy wreath is a Spellbinders set called Mirrored Arch Nested Sprigs


These hot foil sentiment plates are easy to get straight and in the center of the floral frame using Press n Seal as shown in my new video here. This pretty Spellbinders Press Plate is called Mirrored Arch Blooms and I foiled it with a rainbow foil. 


These tags were made with a lovely Copperplate Gift Tag Press Plate and Die set from Spellbinders and the "to" and "from" plates are very tiny. To keep them straight and in the right place on the tags while hot foiling is almost impossible unless we use Press 'n Seal as I show how to do in the video. 

No comments: