Monday, August 12, 2024

Strips of Lovely Letterpress Options

I love the Spellbinders BetterPress System because I find it almost foolproof and now so many more companies are coming out with press plates so there are so many gorgeous ones to choose from! In my new video here, I share cards made with press plates from Altenew, Pinkfresh Studios and others. 

I played with all my new press plates one day and came up with lots of lovely backgrounds, but I decided to cut them into strips and make some unique cards with them. Here is the Lattice Easel Card I show step by step how to make in the video:


The wood planks were created with an Altenew Wood Press Plate and the gorgeous leafy vines were created with a set of press plates, stencils and dies from Pinkfresh Studios called Joyful Day.  I added blues and greens through the layered stencils and then added Deco Foil's Transfer Gel Duo through the last layer. When dry, I attached Gina K Designs Glittering Green foil with my mini MINC. The letterpress sentiments were created with the same Joyful Day press plates and matching dies. Here are some pictures of the Lattice Easel template that you could pin, but of course to see how to make this card step by step it is best to watch the video here.




Another of my favorite new press plates is also from  Altenew and is called Gilded Marble. I pressed black ink into 4 different colors of cardstock, cut them into strips and created this version of a Fractured Card. The background was created with a coverplate die from Pinkfresh Studios called Stitched Diamonds. 


I created this birthday rainbow card with strips of cardstock and a press plate from Pinkfresh Studios that was a free gift with my last order. I used three different press plates on this card:


I had been wanting to try a Twisted Ribbon card so I made one with strips created with Yana Smakula's gorgeous Peony Background BetterPress plate and the Pinkfresh Studios Joyful Day press plate with gold ink. The floral bucket image is a Letterpress Impressions Stamp from Couture Creations and the vellum circle was cut with a die from Gina Marie Designs. 

I had great fun making cards with strips of letter pressed beauty and hope my cards inspire you to give some of the ideas and products a try!


No comments: