Saturday, August 18, 2018

Humorous or Slimy Cards 4 Kids or Anything Goes 4 Kids at Send a Smile 4 Kids


It’s Saturday and time for another fun challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids! This year, all challenges at SAS4Kids are Anything Goes 4 Kids! We will often have an alternative theme that you can choose to follow, but are not required to. Create and link any card that is appropriate for a child and your card could be chosen as one of our top three cards and you could join us as a guest dt member on a future challenge.


The theme for this challenge is: Humorous or Slimy Cards 4 Kids OR Anything Goes 4 Kids. Some of us on TEAM SAS are featuring slime on our cards and here is the funny story why: I was visiting a blog of a frequent player in our challenges and I noticed she had our blog badge on the side of her blog promoting our challenge and cause, and of course I was thrilled to see that. But in her title, she made a small error in the spelling of “Send a Smile” and it read: Send a SLIME 4 KidsJ  What a difference mixing up just two letters resulted in! It cracked me up and I shared with the blogger so she could correct it after we laughed about it. I also shared the laugh with my dt members and we decided to use the “slime” and humor in a challenge. Kids love humor and slime, so accept our challenge and see what you can come up with.

I created a slimy Halloween non-scary card for a child for this challenge. I used some older dies and punches to create a cute Frankie over a sponged embossed spider web. On the inside I continued the slimy theme with a fun sentiment.


 Be sure to check out the rest of the cards from TEAM SAS here and we would love it if you entered our challenge. 

3 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Karen, this card is too much fun! Love that sweet Frankenstein monster and the interior sentiment is perfect for the challenge!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a fun card. I really like this one.

designbydonna said...

I love fun and puny cards. Your "Frank" is adorable. I was about to hop over to my blog to see if the misspell was me--sounds like something I would do. Or maybe the computer auto corrected. You can get surprised with that.