Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Watermelon Tag and Thank You Card from Latest Video


I love watermelon in the summertime and I saw some cute watermelon cards made with scalloped dies on Pinterest and wanted to try one of my own. But my largest scalloped circle Nestabilities die was only big enough to make a gift tag, so this is the cute result. I used another scalloped circle die to cut the bite out and some regular circle dies for the red and white layers. Here is a peak at the inside where I cut out a sentiment with a favorite Impression Obsession die: 

I decided the watermelon does not have to be scalloped and created this larger watermelon card using some of my Grands circle dies from Spellbinders: 

All the seeds were created with a flower punch that I cut in petal pieces to look like black seeds. The "sweet" is a die from Karen Burniston. Here is the inside of the larger watermelon thank you card: 
Both these cards as well as a pop up watermelon card were featured in my newest YouTube video here. Thanks for watching, subscribing, sharing and thanks, too, for helping me #share the joy of creativity! 

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What fun cards Karen - love them
Blessings
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the watermelon card and the big bite that someone took out of it. Yummy!

Celeste Goff said...

Oh Karen, this tag girl...it's too stinking cute! I'm in love!!!