Monday, January 28, 2019

Video - Sizzix and Spellbinder 3D Shadow Box Cards


I love to make cards that stand up when the recipient pulls them out of the envelope and in my newest video I show how easy it is to make shadow box cards with new dies from Spellbinders and Sizzix. 



 I share many cards in the video and this winter scene is one I made from start to finish. The card was made with a new Sizzix die called Holiday Shadow Box #2. This die set has 34 dies including the shadow box dies as well as many scenery dies for winter and Christmas scenes, although with different colors the scene could be for other times of the year too. 


As you can see from this picture, the shadowbox card stands up and I have created a scene with snowbanks, animals and trees from the Sizzix die set. I used Tonic Studios mirror card embossed with snow on the decorative front and Altenew Watercolor Nebula wide washi tape on the back for a pretty night sky. 


This beautiful dimensional wedding card is the second card I make in my newest video and it was made with Spellbinders Grand Dome 3D Card die set. The pictures show the card standing up and laying down. It folds flat to mail. I used Tonic Studios mirror card as well as some of their specialty papers to make this card. Two of the layers are made out of vellum and the forever and lace heart dies are from Stamplorations and Elizabeth Crafts. Here is a look at the side so you can see the many layers in this shadow box card: 



(I made a small mistake in the making of this card with the Grand Dome die set in the video. The side flaps should have been facing IN when I slid the center pieces in their slots. Then the front and back would have fit on better than shown in the video. It was easily fixed. I did the original card correctly and didn't want anyone to be confused if they try to make a card with the Spellbinders Grand Dome 3D die set.)

Both of these cards were easy and fun to make as I show in the video and I hope you click on the link and check them out. I will share more cards with both sets of shadow box dies here on my blog this week, so be sure to stop back. 

No comments: