Thursday, January 30, 2020

Somewhere Over the Rainbow Published Card


To be honest, I used to get dozens of cards and articles published in the many stamping magazines that used to be available and never blogged about them. But now that there is only one or two stamping magazines left in the United States, being chosen as featured card artist is a huge honor. One of the themes in the Spring 2020 Rubber Stamp Madness issue is "Stamp A Song" and my "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" card was the first featured card. One of the reasons I like this magazine is that they interview each artist and write such a nice article about the card and artist. 

The stamp I featured on my Somewhere Over the Rainbow card is one of my all time favorites from Visible Image called "Learn to Fly Again." I created the rainbow with my blender brushes from Taylored Expressions. I love that they are color coded and there are no concerns about dark colors remaining in the brush and messing up lighter colors. I also find them so much easier to use to brush on colors than the older blending tools. 

Next issue I am going to be even more excited. HINT: remember the old song "Cover of the Rolling Stone"? Well, if you change the title of the magazine...

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.

2 comments:

Sue D said...

congratulations and love this card.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful design and I loved the song that expresses the feelings of this card too. I saw it in the magazine and I congratulate you on being published.