Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Mixing Birthday Sentiment Fonts on a Mixed Media Background

I love to create unique backgrounds for my cards and also love the look of mixed fonts in the sentiments and I combined those two loves in my newest video here. The mixed media background on this card started with stamping script and diamond background stamps from Seth Apter on a watercolored background. I also created some texture with mixed media paste through a stencil. 

Next I applied Tacky When Dry Gel Medium through a stencil from iStencils and when it was dry I attached Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes on the floral stem image. Then I die cut the birthday strip and layer of the "happy" from the background using dies from Bright Rosa. I raised the center "happy outline" and glued on the happy die from the same set. I mixed in another font with a Poppy Stamps scripty "happy" on top and added some gems from Gina Marie Designs to complete the card front. 

The inside of the card featured more of the stamped mixed media background and a fun sentiment die from Gina Marie Designs. The stamps are from Seth Apter.

I am entering this card in the Take It Make It March Challenge at Craft Stamper Magazine.

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Lovely birthday card design. Great sentiments and colors too.