Monday, March 16, 2020

VIdeo - Mixing Sentiment Die Fonts on Cards with Unique Backgrounds


I love the look of mixed fonts on my cards and it is fun to design with them on unique backgrounds for lovely easy cards as I show in my newest video here



This is the card I show how to make in the video. The background was created with Nuvo Shimmer Powders mixed with Nuvo Midas Touch Aqua Shimmer gold liquid and water on watercolor paper. The gold Aqua Shimmer mixed with the shimmer powders creates a sparkly shimmery background that is just lovely in real life. Then I added Gina K Designs Therm O Web white Glitz Glitter Gel through a Bright Rosa stencil and let it dry. I die cut the sentiment strip using a Bright Rosa sentiment die and added two other thank you dies from Impression Obsession and Penny Black for a fun mix of fonts. 
My favorite dies for mixed fonts are Paula Pascual's Bright Rosa sentiment die sets because she mixes the fonts for us and the scripty ones can be layered or not. I created a background with Brilliant Blue Glitz Glitter Gel from Gina K Designs and Therm O Web and a stencil from The Crafter's Workshop. When it was dry, I die cut the word friend and also the layer on "special" which was then raised. All the beautiful scripty sentiments dies are also from the Friends Words Bright Rosa Set. 

Be sure to watch the video on my YouTube channel here to see more cards with mixed fonts and unique backgrounds. Thanks for your visit here and your support of my YouTube channel!

I am entering the 2nd card in the Stencil Fun challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday.

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great looking cards Karen.