Wednesday, September 20, 2023

More Cards with Gina K's Technique And What Not to Do


After watching Gina K's technique video here, I pulled out all my stamps and cover dies that might work and had a play. In my newest video here, I shared many cards I made, some of which worked great and some not so much. I love the Sail Away stamp from Woodware on this card, but it proved to be a real struggle to line up the die cut layers because it was just such a detailed stamp. The die cut from Dees's Distinctively was a bit hard to work with too for this technique, although I do like how the card turned out.


I have a cover die from Spellbinders and Simon Hurley I love and tried it over a stenciled background on this card. The cloud stencils and flowers were from TEXTures by Lou Collins which I stamped and stenciled twice on a lightly colored patterned paper. The Zig Zag Chevron die cut layers were just too thin to line up for the extra layers, so I simply glued the two patterned paper layers together and added a die cut sentiment and some birds. I like how it turned out and there is some texture, but when the top layer is raised, this technique is much more effective as I show in my video here. 

1 comment:

Sue D said...

Thanks for all the tips.