Monday, September 18, 2023

Thanks To Gina K A New Technique To Try


I love to find new techniques to try, then have a play and come up with my twist on the technique. Recently I watched a video where Gina K of Gina K Designs shared the idea of stamping twice on white cardstock with black ink, then cutting one out with a cover die, raising it and gluing back on for a unique look. I pulled out every stamp set and die that I thought could work, and in my newest video I share what did and did not work. 


I thought I would try different colors than the black and white Gina K showed, and here is one of my favorites of the cards I made. I stamped "Baseball in Motion" from Technique Junkies twice on kraft cardstock using my MISTI so they were in exactly the same spot, then cut one of them out with the largest plaid die from a set by Tim Holtz and Sizzix. This die set was new to me, but is apparently out of stock at Sizzix.  I did find it here. I love how this card turned out, and wondered- do we need to stamp on each layer for this technique to work? 


No! All I did on this one was to start with two identical forest scene designer papers and cut one out with the Sizzix die and one without. I also cut out two more of the Sizzix plaid die out of thicker black cardstock and glued the three together before gluing onto the back piece. Then I glued onto a black cardbae and added a couple die cut birds. This card was so easy to make and would be perfect for sympathy, thinking of you, birthday or any reason to send a card. 

In the new video here, I show these and other cards where I learned what did and didn't work, and I made this card step by step: 


I knew I wanted to use the same Sizzix plaid die as it worked the best of the ones I tried. I had this new stamp from TEXTures by Lou Collins that I found at Paper Wishes, but it was quite a bit larger than the die. I show how I stamped twice on the same designer paper cut to 4 1/2 x 6, die cut one and glued on to two die cut out of black. I attached back onto the larger uncut piece so the flowers flow from the background on the diecut piece, and love how this one turned out!

I thank Gina K for her video and this fun technique and hope between the two of us, you have been inspired to give some of the ideas a try!

2 comments:

Kathyk said...

The results are fab

Kathyk

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful cards and I love the ones you used the technique on designer paper especially!