Monday, September 23, 2024

Booo-tiful Wrinkly Texture Without Embossing Folders


In my newest video, I am sharing a new technique that creates awesome wrinkly texture with two very common household items and no embossing folders needed. I also share many cards and make the one above step by step. All you need to create the wrinkly texture shown is parchment paper and common white glue. I attached the wrinkled parchment paper to black cardstock for the outside strips and to white cardstock for the center strip before I added orange Staz-on ink direct to paper just on the wrinkles. The adorable ghost and sentiment is from Spellbinders and is called Dancin' Ghost.

If you apply the wrinkled parchment paper to white cardstock without adding any ink, these textured backgrounds are perfect for winter cards. But I am in the mood for fall and Halloween, so I created the next two cards:



You can choose to add black ink to the wrinkles and that creates a look similar to a spider's web so I used that theme on the first card. I suggest not using a dye ink as that did not want to dry at all even after hours and heat setting. You could try a fixative, but I recommend using a permanent ink like Staz-on. 

I made the 2nd card with wrinkled parchment paper over orange cardstock and put it in a shaker packet before adding an alphabet sticker "hey" and "boo" from Kat Scrappiness. I do not bake so have parchment paper only for crafting. I did discover after making these cards that parchment paper also comes "unbleached" which is a light brown color. I bought some and made this card:


Over dark brown it looks somewhat golden and is another way to use parchment paper to make cool backgrounds. The leaves are 2nd generation hot foiling using Fall Leaves Press Plate from Spellbinders.

To see all the cards I made and how easy this technique is to do creating great wrinkly texture, watch the new video here. 

No comments: