Monday, February 15, 2021

Video - How To Make Interactive Tag Slider Cards With Distressed Foil Beauty


I love to try new interactive dies and techniques with foil and in my newest video I share those two loves in the cards I show. This is the card I make from start to finish in the video:


The foil on the front of this and all my cards sparkles but in a very interesting distressed way! I show in the video how that foiled look is achieved very easily without heat. Even better, look what happens with the tag ends are pulled on:


I made all my interactive foiled cards for this video with Crealies 2 or 4 Sided Tag Slider Dies and show in the video how easy it is to make the interactive tags slide out to reveal secret messages and images. The Easter chick and sentiment dies are from Karen Burniston. "Big hugs" is from Cutplorations (as is the sentiment on the back shown below.) The white and pink bunnies were created with dies from Impression Obsession.




The distressed foil look on all these cards is so easy to achieve as I show in the video. You simply apply a piece of two sided adhesive sheet (I use my favorite Easy Cut Adhesive from iCraft and Therm O Web), wrinkle up a piece of foil (here is my favorite Rainglow from Brutus Monroe and Deco Foil) and press down on the adhesive sheet with the pretty side up. You can mix several colors as I did on the first card above with sparkly purple, pink and gold foils, or choose a foil that changes color like this rainbow Rainglow foil. The balloon dies are also from Crealies. Here is this slimline card with the tags pulled out to reveal the secret messages inside:


I had such fun with this new distressed foil technique and making two, three and four sided tag slider cards as I show in the new video. I I hope my cards encourage you to give the technique and products featured a try! 

I am entering the 2nd card in the slimline challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday and the 1st card in the Anything Goes challenge at Dies R Us (I used Karen Burniston dies.) 

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

You always have wonderful designs.