Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Faux Rice Paper Technique PLUS Beads and Color


In my newest video here I take the Faux Rice Paper Technique a step further by adding beads, glitter, paint and small sequins right into the glue mixture. I made this card for my son with a Bucky Badger napkin, red beads and confetti.


I also tried stamping on the napkin before adding the glue mixture and that does work but you need to use an archival ink or Versafine ink as I did here. The stamp is from Penny Black and I cut out all the square layers with a stitched die set from Crealies. 




I added gold and blue acrylic paint - just a few drops is needed- to color the glue mixture to make these colorful cards with a fun polka-dotted napkin. The first step is always to skin the napkin (take the layers apart) and when the napkin is three ply, the second layer still has some slight pattern on it (I  call it ghosting) which shows on the yellow tag. I love how the layers are see through so the die cut sentiments on the inside show through the front. The tag die is from Crealies as are the stitched balloons, the stamped sentiment is from Stampendous and the "celebrate" die is from Karen Burniston. 

I had so much fun playing with color and texture additives for my new video here and hope you will watch and give this technique a try!

No comments: