Monday, September 26, 2022

Holiday Stand and Display Card Creations with New Karen Burniston Dies


I am a huge fan of Karen Burniston's pop up dies and in my newest video I share many Halloween and Christmas cards made to stand up and be displayed by the delighted recipient. Here is the fireplace pop up card I made a version of in the new video:


The front of the card is very simple but lovely with a pretty designer paper and Karen's layered Merry Christmas die popped for the eclipse look. The real magic happens when the card is opened:


As I show in the video, I used the new Fireplace Pop up dies and Fireplace Extra die sets to make this lovely scene. The fireplace pops up with stockings and a picture of my Mom and Dad. I am making each of my siblings one of these cards. This one has an extra special feature which happens when the "push here" is pushed and can't be shown properly with still pictures. You can see it in the new video here and in this mini movie:


(If you are a subscriber and are reading this in your email, the videos added to a blogpost do not appear. But you can go to the actual blogpost by clicking the title and see this mini video showing the fire light up.) 

I added EZ Lights from Pear Blossom Press after seeing a similar card done by Lois Bak of the KB design team to make the fire light up. Here is a Halloween version of this card:


Again a very simple card front with an older Tonic Studios fun sentiment die and a Easy 3D Topper from Hearty Crafts. Just look at what happens when this card is opened:


Isn't that scene amazing? I once again CASED an idea from the KB design team and have hanging ghoul hands in the fireplace. All the dies used are new or older dies from Karen Burniston. 

I had great fun making these and other cards for my newest video and hope they inspire you to give some of these products and ideas a try!

No comments: