Monday, September 19, 2022

Faux Rice Paper Technique PLUS Video and Many Cards


Bet you can't guess what I added to the Faux Rice Paper glue and coffee mixture to make these tags:


My favorite new technique this year is the Faux Rice Paper Technique and in my new video (3rd in a series!) I step it up by experimenting with adding color and texture to the faux rice paper I created. Can you guess what I used for the color and texture on these tags cut with dies from Crealies? My favorite projects use a combination of white glue and coffee for a vintage look, but on these and the card and tag I make in the new video, I added gold beads, crushed red peppers and chopped chives!?! I was looking for something to add color and texture with and love the result of this unusual combination! Here is the slimline card I made in the video:




It is much easier to see the beauty of the faux rice paper in the video, but you can see on the first picture that the "forever" sentiment die (from Gina K Designs) can be seen through the gorgeous translucent slimline card front made with just a floral napkin, white glue, coffee and the spices and green glass glitter. The slimline wonky stitched die used to cut the center piece is from Kat Scrappiness. 


I also showed in the video how to make this beautiful 3 layer Christmas gift tag using a set of stitched tag dies from Cutplorations. This is my favorite card that I made with the vintage look and stamping:




The heart layer under the front was created with a stamp from Creative Expressions and Andy Skinner called Last Tango on a napkin before doing the technique and the heart on the back was also created with the Faux Rice Paper technique with the same lovely floral napkin. The hearts were cut with a die set from Tonic Studios. 

I am in love with the look this technique creates especially when stepped up with colorful textured additives like I show in the new video. I hope you watch, and then try some of the technique and products featured.

No comments: