Monday, August 28, 2023

Sharing Sewing Memories on Special Slimline Cards


The memory of my mother at her sewing machine with her red tomato pin cushion brought a smile to my face when I saw the new Handiwork Collection release at The Greetery. I knew I wanted to share those memories with my sisters, and immediately bought that die set as well as several others in the release and am featuring them in my newest video here.


This is the slimline fun fold card that I show how to make step by step in the video. My favorite die from the collection is the tomato pin cushion as I can see it in my memory of my Mom at her sewing machine. I do not sew with a sewing machine, but did do counted cross stitch on Aida cloth, and the new Aida Cloth Texture Plate from The Greetery brought back those wonderful memories too. The scissors in the Notionable die set look so realistic and can be opened and closed if made with a brad as I show. Here is a look at this fun fold slimline card opened:


The scalloped stitched rectangle dies used are from Gina Marie Designs and Karen Burniston. Here is another slimline fun fold card I share in this video:


The tomato pin cushion, movable scissors, thimble, pins with colored heads in a pin holder, needle and thread as well as the spool of thread are all from the Notionable die set at the Greetery. This easel card also features the Aida Cloth Texture Plate which I easily extended for the slimline size, and the Stitched Sentiment die and stamp sets. I know my sister is going to love this birthday card! 

The new video also shows many other slimline cards I made with the wonderful dies and stamps in this release at The Greetery, and I hope my cards will encourage you to try some of the ideas and products for yourself!

2 comments:

Sue D said...

Love the sewing theme!

Ashlee Rolfson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.