Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Very Large Die Two Different Ways


I am a die cut addict and often buy dies on impulse without reading the small print or finding out the actual size. I loved the look of the Wave Crest Panel Die Set from TEXTures and Lou Collins that I found here on Paper Wishes. But when I received it, I tried cutting it and it is very large- too large even for a 5 x 7 card. I did glue it onto this 5 x 7 card base and trimmed off the sides before adding the whale die cut raised on pop dots. The whale and turtle below are also from the Deep Blue Collection from TEXTures by Lou Collins, and the sentiment is from A Colorful Life Designs. 


The size of cards I make the most is A2 (4 1/4 x 5 1/2 when folded) and that is the size of this card. I die cut the very large wave, glued it on and trimmed it down to fit the A2 cardbase. I popped up the sea turtle and stamped a perfect sentiment from poppystamps. 

I think my grandsons will love these cards and I will give to them to share with friends or family and spread joy and smiles. 

3 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful cards!

Chrissy said...

Fabulous die Karen and two fabulous cards, I love dies too and this one is a fabulous size, works on both size card, love it..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue D said...

Great way to use this large die.