Monday, August 21, 2023

Using Seasonal Spellbinders Dies to Make Christmas Cards Or Not (Video)


I love dies that can be used in many different ways to stretch my crafty dollars and if you do too, you will want to check out the many cards I share in my newest video here featuring Spellbinders Stitched For Christmas and Snow Garden collections. My favorite of the new dies from Spellbinders is the Stitched Starry Argyle background die and I show how to make this card step by step in the new video: 


I show how to create the beautiful partial sewn background with white and gold metallic threads and then how I made the American Holly leaves and berries, as well as easy inking of the chickadee all made with the new Snow Garden dies from Susan Tierney-Cockburn. I chose holly and Christmas colors on this card, but this card uses much of the same dies without stitching for a non-holiday version:


I watched Susan's video on the new Hemlock, Cones and Chickadee die set as she is an expert on coloring and tips for her flowers and other images. I am not an expert colorist or shaper, but am still happy with how my cards turned out. Here is another card I made with new gorgeous dies from Spellbinders:


This shows a THIRD way to create lovely backgrounds with the Stitched Starry Argyle die - this time I stitched the whole  background with gold metallic thread. It doesn't take long at all because all the stitched are long. The flowers were made with the new Glory Of Snow die set from Spellbinder's Snow Garden release. 

To see many more stitched and not stitched holiday and non-holiday cards, watch the new video here: https://youtu.be/ZyGS0n7lb7s  

1 comment:

Sue D said...

Beautiful cards. I like the stitching.