Monday, April 15, 2024

Magic Ingredient to Up Your Background Game


Plain stamped or stenciled backgrounds on a card base can be rather boring but I have discovered a magic ingredient that takes our cards to a whole new level and I share many cards with it in my newest video here. I show step by step how I made this card with the pretty Crocus Stencil from Pretty Pink Posh. The magic ingredient that added so much interest and beauty to this and all my cards is the Waffle Flower Postage Stamp Collage Die. I raised the center postage collage piece, added some dragonflies from Paper Rose Studios and some gems. Here are a few more stenciled cards I share in the video and all are so much more interesting and unique because of this one easy finishing touch:




Both cards were made in just minutes with stencils from Altenew and istencil, then I added a sentiment and layered on an A2 card base. 


I saw a card on Facebook a while back that combined Tim Holtz Eyechart Stencil and a really funny set of stamps from Unity. I didn't want to case the card exactly and when I did some stenciling and inking then cut the background out with the Waffle Flower Postage Collage die, my card came together in minutes. 

In the new video, I show how easy these cards are to make and share many more examples made with the Waffle Flower Postage Collage line. They have announced they will be adding more to that line all year and I can't wait to see what is coming!

1 comment:

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome cards! I love the Postage Collage die set too! I especially love the beautiful card with the flowers and dragonflies!