Thursday, May 2, 2024

Woodgrain Cards Inspired by Tracy Renner



Once in awhile I get so inspired by cards I see on the internet and I just can't wait to try the ideas for myself. Tracy Renner posted many cards and a tutorial on Facebook with woodgrain backgrounds and scenery stamps. I followed her directions and made this card with scenery stamps from Blue Knight Rubber Stamps. My favorite of Tracy's cards were created with a chevron pattern like on this card made with the same stamps:



It was even easier to glue on a trees die cut from Tim Holtz and Sizzix and a sentiment from Waffle Flower rather than stamping with a scenery stamp after creating the woodgrain chevron pattern background for this card. 

I love how these cards turned out and will be teaching the technique in an upcoming class here locally. 

No comments: