Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Layered Positive and Negative Foiled Cards

I combined a couple techniques from recent videos to make the two cards I am sharing today: layered die cards and Brutus Monroe foils in the positive and negative versions. I used the fun 6 sided shaped dies from Gina Marie Designs for these cards and alternated the layers up and down with foam strips on the raised ones.

The beautiful foiled flower was created with a Gina K Designs stencil, Therm O Web transfer gel, and Silver Sketch foil from Brutus Monroe. "With Sympathy" is a new die from Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions. Here is the version I created with the negative of the foiled piece:


Same foil, stencil and technique and I made this one a celebration card with a scripty Celebrate die from Tonic over a vellum layer. I love the silver foil and black together and hope these cards inspired you to try these techniques or products.