Monday, October 7, 2019

Video - Updated Triple Time Cards with XXL Layered Dies and Stencils

Do you remember the older technique called Triple Time Stamping? I loved the look and made many cards with it 7 years ago when it was all over Pinterest and blogs, but all the measuring of each layer could be tedious. I have updated the technique for my newest video using XXL Layering dies from Crealies and stencils, and made many cards for holidays as well as other occasions.


This is the card I demo in the video using both square and rectangle Double Dotted XXL Layered Dies from Crealies as well as the lantern and sentiment dies also from Crealies. As I show in the video, in each set of XXL layered dies from Crealies, you get about 12 different sizes of layered dies for around $23-that is a great bargain! With that many sizes to choose from, it is easy to choose the right size square or rectangle and a slightly bigger one for the frame and each one in these sets has the dotted edge which really adds a nice touch. Using dies from Crealies makes this technique so much easier! I also updated the technique to use stencils on the layers instead of only stamping as we did years ago. I chose the beautiful Snowflake Net stencil from A Colorful Life Designs for my Merry Christmas Snowflake Triple Time card above.

I made this "thankful" fall colored card with many double dotted square dies from Crealies as well as a favorite stencil from Gina Marie Designs. I brushed on red, yellow and orange inks with blending brushes from Taylored Expressions. The "I'm Thankful" dies are from Creative Expressions and continues the thought inside:


The leaf die is also from Gina Marie Designs. The third card I am sharing from the new video shows combining stamping and stencils with layers of Crealies 8 point star:


All the stamps I used as well as the pretty stencil are by Gina K Designs. To find out how easy it is to achieve layers of stenciling and stamping with borders as shown on these cards as well as many others, watch my newest video here

Thanks for your visit here today and for your support of my YouTube channel.

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful designs with the die cut layers.